Another designer that has worked for when objects work is Vincent van Duysen. The work of this architect and designer from Belgium is characterised by an interest in reinterpreting classical forms. His designs are both contemporary and innovative. His gorgeous collection of pots for when objects work is an exercise in restrained theme and variation. Each pieces is composed of two elements: an earthenware container and a wooden plate. The plate serves as a cover as well as a plinth. I love the fact that the pots are serene and sober. The roughness of the material and the slight irregularities all add to the character of the objects.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- HANDMADE DANDELION TILE BY CLAESSON KOIVISTO RUNE
- MYKONOS – A DESTINATION WITH THE MOST FAMOUS BEACH RESTAURANTS IN THE WORLD
- THE NEW FERM LIVING 2019 CATALOGUE
- BEAUTIFUL PAPER FLOWER CREATIONS BY DE BLOEMENIER
- BETWEEN SEASON FASHION
- A HOME IN BELGIUM + HOW TO CREATE A NATURAL STYLE INTERIOR
- A BEACH COTTAGE ON FIRE ISLAND (NEAR NEW YORK)
- A STYLIST & PHOTOGRAPHER’S BEAUTIFUL FRENCH HOME
- A LIGHT FILLED CANAL HOUSE IN AMSTERDAM
- THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS