In May we will be going on holiday to Greece. I am really looking forward to this and everything that is Greek related is getting my full attention at the moment. This beautiful villa, that I found via Est Magazine, is located on Ithaca, an island located in the Ionian Sea in Greece. Four years ago the completely abandoned villa was still a ruin. South African photographers Gerda Genis and Robbert Koene discovered the old building and saw the home’s potential as a guest house. Their idea is to offer all those who like to spend their holidays in the countryside and are looking for an intimate environment on one side, yet furnished and completed with the top-quality details on the other, a place where all this is actually possible. Villa Kalos has only four bedrooms and each one is different, with hand-picked furnishings, fabrics and accents. The exposed stone, concrete and wood of the structure provide a perfect framework for the harmonious mix of the interior design. The views of the countryside, the almond trees surrounding the villa, the salt-water pool, the magnificent garden that changes with the seasons, the olive groves, — there is absolutely no reason to leave this place.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A STYLIST & PHOTOGRAPHER’S BEAUTIFUL FRENCH HOME
- A LIGHT FILLED CANAL HOUSE IN AMSTERDAM
- THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS
- A PERFECT FAMILY VACATION RENTAL IN BYRON BAY
- A FRENCH LOFT WITH STUNNING PARIS ROOFTOP VIEW
- A BEAUTIFUL NEW ENGLAND INSPIRED HOME IN MAINE, USA
- A MIX OF TRADITION & MODERN AESTHETICS ON PAROS
- FRENCH INSPIRED SILK COLLECTION BY & OTHER STORIES
- A MODERN SHAKER KITCHEN IN AN OLD UK CATTLE SHED
- IN THE SPOTLIGHT: THE SOCKET TABLE LAMP BY MENU