The trend for kitchen storage solutions has been to have open kitchen shelves and putting all your cookware, dinnerware and glassware on display. I do prefer this open shelf design in stead of closed cabinets but here are some disadvantages involved. The main one is that you can’t conceal clutter. You have to be organised, placing back every item in the proper position to avoid that the open shelf look messy and unorganized. Also, the shelves should be washed frequently as they become dirty from house dust and cooking grease. What do you prefer: closed cabinets or open shelves?
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A STYLIST & PHOTOGRAPHER’S BEAUTIFUL FRENCH HOME
- A LIGHT FILLED CANAL HOUSE IN AMSTERDAM
- THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS
- A PERFECT FAMILY VACATION RENTAL IN BYRON BAY
- A FRENCH LOFT WITH STUNNING PARIS ROOFTOP VIEW
- A BEAUTIFUL NEW ENGLAND INSPIRED HOME IN MAINE, USA
- A MIX OF TRADITION & MODERN AESTHETICS ON PAROS
- FRENCH INSPIRED SILK COLLECTION BY & OTHER STORIES
- A MODERN SHAKER KITCHEN IN AN OLD UK CATTLE SHED
- IN THE SPOTLIGHT: THE SOCKET TABLE LAMP BY MENU