Born in Argentine artist Ruth Gurvich is now working and living in France. As you can see from the images above and below her work is simply gorgeous! For the past few years Ruth has been working with everyday objects like Bauhaus design chairs, Chinese and European porcelain which she reproduces in paper in three dimension models and then rework their volume.
Ruth: ‘My art is based on a continuous exploration of the codes created by different cultures in their artistic production. From a formal point of view, my field of investigation is based on the study of volume and its relationship to space. With my work I try to find the traces of our past in this cultural melting pot, I try to find the sense of these references, lost through migrations and the passing time’. You can visit Ruth’s website to find out more about her beautiful work.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- HANDMADE DANDELION TILE BY CLAESSON KOIVISTO RUNE
- MYKONOS – A DESTINATION WITH THE MOST FAMOUS BEACH RESTAURANTS IN THE WORLD
- THE NEW FERM LIVING 2019 CATALOGUE
- BEAUTIFUL PAPER FLOWER CREATIONS BY DE BLOEMENIER
- BETWEEN SEASON FASHION
- A HOME IN BELGIUM + HOW TO CREATE A NATURAL STYLE INTERIOR
- A BEACH COTTAGE ON FIRE ISLAND (NEAR NEW YORK)
- A STYLIST & PHOTOGRAPHER’S BEAUTIFUL FRENCH HOME
- A LIGHT FILLED CANAL HOUSE IN AMSTERDAM
- THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS