This may look like just as a pile of clothes. But if you take a better look you can see that this pile has the shape of Europe, with the boot resembling Italy of course. I noticed this photo by Corriette Schoenaerts a while ago in Rails Magazine (a free magazine distributed in trains in The Netherlands). The central theme of the magazine was ‘countries and borders’. Contrary to the usual fashion photography, that shows off the newest clothes on a human body and wants to sell an ideal, Corriette made still lives depicting maps and landscapes.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A BEACH COTTAGE ON FIRE ISLAND (NEAR NEW YORK)
- A STYLIST & PHOTOGRAPHER’S BEAUTIFUL FRENCH HOME
- A LIGHT FILLED CANAL HOUSE IN AMSTERDAM
- THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS
- A PERFECT FAMILY VACATION RENTAL IN BYRON BAY
- A FRENCH LOFT WITH STUNNING PARIS ROOFTOP VIEW
- A BEAUTIFUL NEW ENGLAND INSPIRED HOME IN MAINE, USA
- A MIX OF TRADITION & MODERN AESTHETICS ON PAROS
- FRENCH INSPIRED SILK COLLECTION BY & OTHER STORIES
- A MODERN SHAKER KITCHEN IN AN OLD UK CATTLE SHED