You will love this house! Ceramic artist Karin Widnas lives in a artist village south west from Helsinki, Finland. Her gorgeous house / atelier is built and decorated in a modern Finnish style.
The simple forms are similar to the Japanese style of architecture and decorating. The ceramic wall (image above), separating living room and dining room, is created by Karin herself.
Chair “Diamond” from Harry Bertoia (Knoll), a design icon from the 50’s, serves as a bedside table in the (serene) bedroom.
Every object in the bathroom is simply beautiful.
Also in the kitchen beautiful ceramic tiles (here in black) cover the wall.
Despite the cold weather, there is a large outdoor living area. Isn’t that wooden table gorgeous?!
(images from Marie Claire Maison)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A FRENCH LOFT WITH STUNNING PARIS ROOFTOP VIEW
- A BEAUTIFUL NEW ENGLAND INSPIRED HOME IN MAINE, USA
- A BEAUTIFUL APARTMENT (FOR SALE) IN AMSTERDAM
- A MIX OF TRADITION & MODERN AESTHETICS ON PAROS
- FRENCH INSPIRED SILK COLLECTION BY & OTHER STORIES
- A MODERN SHAKER KITCHEN IN AN OLD UK CATTLE SHED
- IN THE SPOTLIGHT: THE SOCKET TABLE LAMP BY MENU
- AN INDUSTRIAL IRON CAST SOHO LOFT IN NEW YORK CITY
- THE SURFRIDER: A CALIFORNIA BEACH HOUSE HOTEL
- BEST HOME DECOR ITEMS BY URBAN OUTFITTERS