Nipa Doshi and Jonathan Levien continue have designed two new products for Italian label Moroso: My Beautiful Backside and Princess. Like many of their other creations, these designs display a fusion of two worlds, India and Europe. This range draws upon a miniature painting of a Maharani sitting on the floor of her palace, surrounded and supported by multiples of pebble shaped cushions.
My Beautiful Backside is a collection of seats whose backrests are a composition of highly coloured, floating cushions in various shapes. The wider your seat, the more cushions you can have. The use of oversize symbols, such as the buttons on cushion backs, is a way of conveying a variety of messages. These symbols also provide a means of customising each chair, making it unique, just as you would add little distinguishing touches to an article of clothing. The designers: “We used a new wool fabric designed by Giulio Ridolfo for Kvadrat. We teamed it up with felt because it’s a combination that reminds us of old-fashioned clothes with stiff starched collars. We also designed a new daybed, called Princess, with layers of mattresses. The top mattress is covered with a composition of different objects and since they draw inspiration from a modern princess they’re embroidered in gold and silver”. (via yatzer)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A FRENCH LOFT WITH STUNNING PARIS ROOFTOP VIEW
- A BEAUTIFUL NEW ENGLAND INSPIRED HOME IN MAINE, USA
- A BEAUTIFUL APARTMENT (FOR SALE) IN AMSTERDAM
- A MIX OF TRADITION & MODERN AESTHETICS ON PAROS
- FRENCH INSPIRED SILK COLLECTION BY & OTHER STORIES
- A MODERN SHAKER KITCHEN IN AN OLD UK CATTLE SHED
- IN THE SPOTLIGHT: THE SOCKET TABLE LAMP BY MENU
- AN INDUSTRIAL IRON CAST SOHO LOFT IN NEW YORK CITY
- THE SURFRIDER: A CALIFORNIA BEACH HOUSE HOTEL
- BEST HOME DECOR ITEMS BY URBAN OUTFITTERS