This medieval farmhouse stand in Perigord, which is in the Dordogne region in France. The old farm building is renovated in a authentic way and two new, wooden pavilions are built in the garden.
The kitchen (image above and below) is rustic and inviting. The Aga cooker (top image) fits perfectly in this space.
The owners have succeeded in modernising the building, by adding modern comforts such as central heating, but at the same time keeping the authentic charm of the building.
The modern painting does not look out of place at all.
Aren’t those beamed ceilings stunning?
A wooden wall divides the bedroom and bathroom.
Behind the wooden wall there is a gorgeous, freestanding bathtub.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- HOW A RUG CAN CHANGE A ROOM
- SOME LOVELY MADEWELL PIECES FOR SPRING
- HANDMADE DANDELION TILE BY CLAESSON KOIVISTO RUNE
- MYKONOS – A DESTINATION WITH THE MOST FAMOUS BEACH RESTAURANTS IN THE WORLD
- THE NEW FERM LIVING 2019 CATALOGUE
- BEAUTIFUL PAPER FLOWER CREATIONS BY DE BLOEMENIER
- BETWEEN SEASON FASHION
- A HOME IN BELGIUM + HOW TO CREATE A NATURAL STYLE INTERIOR
- A BEACH COTTAGE ON FIRE ISLAND (NEAR NEW YORK)
- A STYLIST & PHOTOGRAPHER’S BEAUTIFUL FRENCH HOME