This medieval farmhouse stand in Perigord, which is in the Dordogne region in France. The old farm building is renovated in a authentic way and two new, wooden pavilions are built in the garden.
The kitchen (image above and below) is rustic and inviting. The Aga cooker (top image) fits perfectly in this space.
The owners have succeeded in modernising the building, by adding modern comforts such as central heating, but at the same time keeping the authentic charm of the building.
The modern painting does not look out of place at all.
Aren’t those beamed ceilings stunning?
A wooden wall divides the bedroom and bathroom.
Behind the wooden wall there is a gorgeous, freestanding bathtub.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A STYLIST & PHOTOGRAPHER’S BEAUTIFUL FRENCH HOME
- A LIGHT FILLED CANAL HOUSE IN AMSTERDAM
- THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS
- A PERFECT FAMILY VACATION RENTAL IN BYRON BAY
- A FRENCH LOFT WITH STUNNING PARIS ROOFTOP VIEW
- A BEAUTIFUL NEW ENGLAND INSPIRED HOME IN MAINE, USA
- A MIX OF TRADITION & MODERN AESTHETICS ON PAROS
- FRENCH INSPIRED SILK COLLECTION BY & OTHER STORIES
- A MODERN SHAKER KITCHEN IN AN OLD UK CATTLE SHED
- IN THE SPOTLIGHT: THE SOCKET TABLE LAMP BY MENU