Elise Rijnberg is a designer and photographer based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. She was trained at the Design Academy in Eindhoven from which she graduated in 2006. Most of Elise’s products and photos are food related. Marti Guixe’s quote “You buy a chair once a life but you eat three times a day” is for her the perfect explanation why food interests her as a designer and as a photographer.
The tablecloth featured above shows you how to set the table. The graphical pattern is made with subtle embroidery on the tablecloth which tell us all about the Western food culture and manners. I also love Elise’s cutlery, the design forces you to eat slowly, taking small bites and enjoying your food. Visit Elise’s website to see more of her beautiful work.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A STYLIST & PHOTOGRAPHER’S BEAUTIFUL FRENCH HOME
- A LIGHT FILLED CANAL HOUSE IN AMSTERDAM
- THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS
- A PERFECT FAMILY VACATION RENTAL IN BYRON BAY
- A FRENCH LOFT WITH STUNNING PARIS ROOFTOP VIEW
- A BEAUTIFUL NEW ENGLAND INSPIRED HOME IN MAINE, USA
- A MIX OF TRADITION & MODERN AESTHETICS ON PAROS
- FRENCH INSPIRED SILK COLLECTION BY & OTHER STORIES
- A MODERN SHAKER KITCHEN IN AN OLD UK CATTLE SHED
- IN THE SPOTLIGHT: THE SOCKET TABLE LAMP BY MENU