An affordable luxury hotel will be opened at Schiphol Amsterdam airport early 2008. Hotel CitizenM offers luxury and design at 14m2 only. CitizenM – short for citizen mobile – has reflected on and learnt from the needs of a new type of traveller, the mobile citizens. These travellers know what they like in a good hotel and what they don’t need from a bad one. What they like includes stylish design and great value. Amsterdam interior design studio Concrete is responsible for the design of hotel and rooms.
More of these modular, high-tech hotels will be opened in Barcelona, Berlin, Milan, Brussels and Copenhagen. Visit the CitizenM website for more information.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A BEACH COTTAGE ON FIRE ISLAND (NEAR NEW YORK)
- A STYLIST & PHOTOGRAPHER’S BEAUTIFUL FRENCH HOME
- A LIGHT FILLED CANAL HOUSE IN AMSTERDAM
- THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS
- A PERFECT FAMILY VACATION RENTAL IN BYRON BAY
- A FRENCH LOFT WITH STUNNING PARIS ROOFTOP VIEW
- A BEAUTIFUL NEW ENGLAND INSPIRED HOME IN MAINE, USA
- A MIX OF TRADITION & MODERN AESTHETICS ON PAROS
- FRENCH INSPIRED SILK COLLECTION BY & OTHER STORIES
- A MODERN SHAKER KITCHEN IN AN OLD UK CATTLE SHED