The Concrete Light is made of partially transparent concrete. It is this unique combination of concrete and light that inspired Dutch designer Marieke Rongen to design this lampshade. By turning on the light, little spots of light appear in the concrete. The shape of the lampshade descends from traditional lampshades, but in combination with these materials and with the size, it’s a complete new design. I have seen this gorgeous lampshade and I have to say that the design is more stunning in real life. The size of the lampshade is 80cm high, and it weights 35-40 kilo.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A STYLIST & PHOTOGRAPHER’S BEAUTIFUL FRENCH HOME
- A LIGHT FILLED CANAL HOUSE IN AMSTERDAM
- THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS
- A PERFECT FAMILY VACATION RENTAL IN BYRON BAY
- A FRENCH LOFT WITH STUNNING PARIS ROOFTOP VIEW
- A BEAUTIFUL NEW ENGLAND INSPIRED HOME IN MAINE, USA
- A MIX OF TRADITION & MODERN AESTHETICS ON PAROS
- FRENCH INSPIRED SILK COLLECTION BY & OTHER STORIES
- A MODERN SHAKER KITCHEN IN AN OLD UK CATTLE SHED
- IN THE SPOTLIGHT: THE SOCKET TABLE LAMP BY MENU