I was going through some old magazines this weekend when I found this fun DIY project in Dutch magazine 101 Woonideeën. To make the lights you need clean empty tins with a printed label (so no paper label) and a fitting with cable and a plug. Create (with a drill) an opening for the fitting through the top of the tin and pull the fitting through this opening. Then you only need to put a bulb into the fitting and your lamp is ready to shine!
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A FRENCH LOFT WITH STUNNING PARIS ROOFTOP VIEW
- A BEAUTIFUL NEW ENGLAND INSPIRED HOME IN MAINE, USA
- A BEAUTIFUL APARTMENT (FOR SALE) IN AMSTERDAM
- A MIX OF TRADITION & MODERN AESTHETICS ON PAROS
- FRENCH INSPIRED SILK COLLECTION BY & OTHER STORIES
- A MODERN SHAKER KITCHEN IN AN OLD UK CATTLE SHED
- IN THE SPOTLIGHT: THE SOCKET TABLE LAMP BY MENU
- AN INDUSTRIAL IRON CAST SOHO LOFT IN NEW YORK CITY
- THE SURFRIDER: A CALIFORNIA BEACH HOUSE HOTEL
- BEST HOME DECOR ITEMS BY URBAN OUTFITTERS