I know design label Umbra from their collection of home accessories. But when I walked by their stand at Maison et Objet in Paris I noticed that they have a furniture line as well. The bibliotheca bookshelf (part of the U+ collection) is designed by Matt Carr. Carr found inspiration when he found two vintage coffee tables. With these tables he created a book rack for his own home. He configured them ingeniously to give these tables a new life as bookshelves. This design is now recreated with a mahogany natural top and black lacquered legs. Available from Umbra’s shop for €500.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A FRENCH LOFT WITH STUNNING PARIS ROOFTOP VIEW
- A BEAUTIFUL NEW ENGLAND INSPIRED HOME IN MAINE, USA
- A BEAUTIFUL APARTMENT (FOR SALE) IN AMSTERDAM
- A MIX OF TRADITION & MODERN AESTHETICS ON PAROS
- FRENCH INSPIRED SILK COLLECTION BY & OTHER STORIES
- A MODERN SHAKER KITCHEN IN AN OLD UK CATTLE SHED
- IN THE SPOTLIGHT: THE SOCKET TABLE LAMP BY MENU
- AN INDUSTRIAL IRON CAST SOHO LOFT IN NEW YORK CITY
- THE SURFRIDER: A CALIFORNIA BEACH HOUSE HOTEL
- BEST HOME DECOR ITEMS BY URBAN OUTFITTERS