Flake Blind from Finnish company Woodnotes was a definite eye catcher at this year’s Salone Internazional del Mobile in Milan. The blind, inspired by winter memories and the shape of a snowflake, is made from Tyvek. This material combines all the best qualities of paper, film and fabric. Flake perhaps look fragile but the material is durable, dust-resistance due to its tightly woven fibers and biodegradable.
The blind is made up from individual pieces, which allows you to customize each blind to the size needed. It is no wonder that Flake recently has been awarded with the interior innovation award at the IMM fair in Cologne. Contact Woodnotes for more information and to find out where Flake is sold in your country.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A PERFECT FAMILY VACATION RENTAL IN BYRON BAY
- A FRENCH LOFT WITH STUNNING PARIS ROOFTOP VIEW
- A BEAUTIFUL NEW ENGLAND INSPIRED HOME IN MAINE, USA
- A MIX OF TRADITION & MODERN AESTHETICS ON PAROS
- FRENCH INSPIRED SILK COLLECTION BY & OTHER STORIES
- A MODERN SHAKER KITCHEN IN AN OLD UK CATTLE SHED
- IN THE SPOTLIGHT: THE SOCKET TABLE LAMP BY MENU
- AN INDUSTRIAL IRON CAST SOHO LOFT IN NEW YORK CITY
- THE SURFRIDER: A CALIFORNIA BEACH HOUSE HOTEL
- BEST HOME DECOR ITEMS BY URBAN OUTFITTERS